We're looking for a Full-stack Engineer that is passionate about backend development and building scalable, fault-tolerant, and highly available service-based applications.
You will integrate the team that builds and evolves our Back-end apps and plays a crucial role in the design and development of backend APIs. In particular:
- Designing, developing, and debugging scalable and high-performance backend services;
- Working along with the backend engineering team to analyze architecture and API design to improve fault tolerance and availability;
- Participating in technology evaluation and prototyping; recommending specific; technologies to pursue and suggesting training and staff development activities as needed
- Promote collective code ownership through code reviewing;
- Helping in identifying and designing new product features.
- Be a part of ensuring our application code is flexible, maintainable, testable, and reliable.
- MSc in Computer Science Engineering or related field with 3 to 4 years' industry experience;
- Deep familiarity with software architecture principles and design patterns;
- Solid proficiency with Python, C++, Java, Kotlin, or C#;
- Knowledge of SQL and Relational Database design;
- Solid understanding of API design;
- Excellent documentation and testing practices.
- Solid understanding (both practical and theoretical) of Distributed Systems, with a specific emphasis on - - Fault-Tolerant and High Availability software;
- Ability to identify performance bottlenecks by using application profilers and load-testing tools;
- Experience of developing in Linux/Unix environments;
- Working knowledge of GitHub
Nice to have
- Experience in building payments as a payment facilitator and processing mobile payments
- Experience developing parallel and distributed applications
- Experience developing in CUDA
Benefits & Perks
We put all of our employees at very high standards, and we want you to be thoroughly rewarded for that. We believe in providing the best environment to allow you to do your best work, and we currently offer the following:
- Moving to Lisbon and benefiting from the beautiful weather and food;
- The rare chance of having decision ownership and direct impact on the growth of a venture-backed startup;
- A holiday allowance of 25 days per year, with the office, closed between Christmas and New Year;
- This is the most exciting time to join Sensei, and you'll have direct input and influence on the direction we take;
- Competitive compensation package;
- Top of the range equipment to help you do your job to the highest possible standard;
- Regular learning meetings as part of our growth-mindset culture;
- A fun and supportive office environment working alongside some real experts;
Apply by email to email@example.com - please put the job title in the subject of the email and write us why you are a fit to work at Sensei. Join us, and you'll have a meaningful role in the next evolution of the shopping experience.