This is Sensei
We develop autonomous stores, but our journey is still young as we’re on a mission to bring digital transformation to the entire retail sector. Together, we can shape the next chapter of our company and of millions of shoppers worldwide. Join the cause to make retail more seamless, pleasant and much more efficient, helping retailers to be more competitive and shoppers to regain control of their time through the best shopping experience there is.
Working at Sensei means you're working on something very exciting: the future of retail. Through deep tech we've seen a way to impact how people shop; we think shopping should be pleasant and seamless for shoppers and much more efficient for retailers, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of best experience and sustainability. Based on some pretty amazing Seed-round investment we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Sensei. Today we are a 50+ team based in Lisbon, but with people working from different locations.
We believe happy people are better at work, and so we want to make sure our people have time to do the things they like the most!
Head of People
Sensei’s biggest asset is our team. We are currently looking for a Head of People who will be in charge of everything connected with attracting and retaining talented employees, as well as building and overseeing our People team, HR processes, Recruiting, Training, etc.
- Nurture a positive working environment and acting with the employee experience in mind, continuously seeking feedback on inefficiencies and maintaining business relationships based on trust and respect
- Develop, implement and monitor overall HR strategy and processes (e.g. talent acquisition, onboarding, staffing, compensation) aligned with overall business strategy
- Manage recruitment and selection process
- Identify development needs and design training programs
- Oversee staff wellness and manage performance reviews
- Advise management team on HR topics
- Ensure compliance with local legal requirements
What success looks like after 6 months on the job
- You have performed a company wide assessment on company engagement and culture and have deployed a consistent plan to maximize metrics
- You have designed and implemented the core processes and materials for recruitment processes (e.g., hiring matrix, applicant screening, interview process)
- You have developed the onboarding process for new hires
- You have implemented a performance review program across all teams
- You have identified (together with management) and secured key hires for the organization
- You have identified key areas of improvement for the company and have processes or resources in place to address them
You’ll thrive in this role if you
- You have 5 years+ of experience in generalist HR function or experience with HR consulting
- You have a proven track record of leadership with high-performing and talent-dense teams and culture within companies undergoing rapid growth
- You have successfully implemented a wide range of projects and activities in all areas of HR, including: Culture, Talent Acquisition, Diversity and Inclusion, Performance Management, Engagement and Compensation
- You are data-driven and target/ KPI-oriented
- Have experience in coordinating complex cross-functional projects
- Are fluent in English and Portuguese
What's in it for you
- Competitive compensation package
- Hybrid work model with flexibility to combine remote with office-based work
- A holiday allowance of 24 days per year
- Top of the range equipment to help you do your job to the highest possible standard
- Regular learning meetings as part of our growth-mindset culture.
- An honest, open culture that emphasizes feedback and promotes professional and personal development
- Paid parental leave - we want to make sure that we're supportive of families and help you feel that you don't have to compromise on the family due to work
- An annual flex benefits package (maybe you want to pay for the gym, book a professional coach or pay part of your MBA - completely up to you)
At Sensei, we use English for all our internal communication to keep everyone on the same page; please submit your application in English unless otherwise stated above.
We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.