This is Sensei
We develop autonomous stores, but our journey is still young as we’re on a mission to bring digital transformation to the entire retail sector. Together, we can shape the next chapter of our company and of millions of shoppers worldwide. Join the cause to make retail more seamless, pleasant and much more efficient, helping retailers to be more competitive and shoppers to regain control of their time through the best shopping experience there is.
Working at Sensei means you're working on something very exciting: the future of retail. Through deep tech we've seen a way to impact how people shop; we think shopping should be pleasant and seamless for shoppers and much more efficient for retailers, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of best experience and sustainability. Based on some pretty amazing Seed-round investment we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Sensei. Today we are a 50+ team based in Lisbon, but with people working from different locations.
We believe happy people are better at work, and so we want to make sure our people have time to do the things they like the most!
As an integral part of the cross-functional strategy & growth domain (sales, finance, operations, strategy & investment), you will significantly contribute to the definition, design and delivery of Sensei’s key strategic initiatives. This means that you will focus on reducing ambiguity, taking out excessive complexity, and empowering all stakeholders to balance risk and reward in a clear, concise and actionable manner. Day-to-day responsibilities will include a wide variety of legal areas in close collaboration with your colleagues in the product development cycle, commercial contracts, investment contracts, regulatory reporting, audits and disclosures.
- Draft and negotiate high-quality contractual arrangements, including but not limited to commercial contracts, NDAs, vendor contracts and employment contracts
- Liaise and coordinate legal work with external lawyers
- Keep up to date with legislative changes and proactively drive understanding across business
- Drive the roadmap and design for Sensei’s legal and corporate documentation in collaboration with your colleagues from finance, strategy and commercial
- Take ownership of and drive legal workstreams (and beyond) of special projects within our CEO Office
What success looks like after 6 months on the job
- You've led meetings with our stakeholders and management team, and have a deep understanding of the company's industry, technology and corporate culture
- You have drafted all key contract templates, giving us very high capacity to rapidly close deals, investments and legal issues
- You have worked closely with our Head of People to review HR’s policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with legal requirements
- You’ve developed good relationship with our external legal partners
- You've reviewed our current internal processes in this area and have achieved quick wins leading to increased efficiency, cost savings, and more effective resource allocation
You’ll thrive in this role if you
- Have a Law Degree and license to practice law
- Have previous experience in corporate transactions and corporate law, preferably in startup environment
- Are comfortable and adept at balancing risk and opportunity and thinking creatively to enable your colleagues to make smart decisions
- Have experience structuring and executing special projects across multiple jurisdictions
- Have experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- Are a proactive and hands-on professional with bias for achieving results
What's in it for you
- Competitive compensation package
- Hybrid work model with flexibility to combine remote with office-based work
- A holiday allowance of 24 days per year
- Top of the range equipment to help you do your job to the highest possible standard
- Regular learning meetings as part of our growth-mindset culture.
- An honest, open culture that emphasizes feedback and promotes professional and personal development
- Paid parental leave - we want to make sure that we're supportive of families and help you feel that you don't have to compromise on the family due to work
- An annual flex benefits package (maybe you want to pay for the gym, book a professional coach or pay part of your MBA - completely up to you)
At Sensei, we use English for all our internal communication to keep everyone on the same page; please submit your application in English unless otherwise stated above.
We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.