This is Sensei
We develop autonomous stores, but our journey is still young as we’re on a mission to bring digital transformation to the entire retail sector. Together, we can shape the next chapter of our company and of millions of shoppers worldwide. Join the cause to make retail more seamless, pleasant and much more efficient, helping retailers to be more competitive and shoppers to regain control of their time through the best shopping experience there is.
Working at Sensei means you're working on something very exciting: the future of retail. Through deep tech we've seen a way to impact how people shop; we think shopping should be pleasant and seamless for shoppers and much more efficient for retailers, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of best experience and sustainability. Based on some pretty amazing Seed-round investment we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Sensei. Today we are a 50+ team based in Lisbon, but with people working from different locations.
We believe happy people are better at work, and so we want to make sure our people have time to do the things they like the most!
As an Executive Assistant, you’ll provide exceptional comprehensive administrative and operational support for our CEO, Vasco Portugal. This role requires an ability to interact with staff at all levels in a fast paced environment while remaining flexible, positive and demonstrating a high level of professionalism, confidentiality and good judgment. This person will be responsible for providing support to Vasco on multiple fronts, whether on organizing communications, agenda and responding to ad-hoc requests that help Vasco focus on his most critical tasks.
- Support our CEO by providing administrative assistance, such as filtering emails, preparing communications, booking meetings and helping Vasco organizing his agenda
- Acting as a key point of contact for external stakeholders, helping Vasco manage his bandwidth
- Help articulate Vasco’s calendar with other busy calendars of internal and external executives
- Making travel and accommodation arrangements
- Managing sensitive information and timing information flows according to priorities/ criticality
- Accumulate some degree of office management responsibilities
What success looks like after 6 months on the job
- Vasco has 0 unread/ unanswered emails on his inbox
- Vasco misses 0 meetings
- Vasco is rarely late to meetings
- Vasco is happy
- You are responsible for critical aspects of our office operations and things are running smoothly
You’ll thrive in this role if you
- Have +3 years of work experience as an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant or similar role in a fast-paced environment, preferably high growth tech start-up or another high demand setting (e.g. strategy consulting)
- Have excellent verbal and written communications skills (English and Portuguese)
- Have outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Have familiarity with digital tools (e.g. G-Suite, Slack, Notion)
What's in it for you
- Competitive compensation package
- Hybrid work model with flexibility to combine remote with office-based work
- A holiday allowance of 24 days per year
- Top of the range equipment to help you do your job to the highest possible standard
- Regular learning meetings as part of our growth-mindset culture.
- An honest, open culture that emphasizes feedback and promotes professional and personal development
- Paid parental leave - we want to make sure that we're supportive of families and help you feel that you don't have to compromise on the family due to work
- An annual flex benefits package (maybe you want to pay for the gym, book a professional coach or pay part of your MBA - completely up to you)
At Sensei, we use English for all our internal communication to keep everyone on the same page; please submit your application in English unless otherwise stated above.
We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.