Computer Vision Engineer
Sensei is looking for a highly-qualified Computer Vision Engineer with strong exposure in the Computer Vision space. Someone to help us in the continued expansion of our technology areas of interest that include high-level vision (image/video understanding, recognition, detection, tracking) and AI systems. We're looking for an intelligent, enthusiastic engineer, ideally with a strong focus on AI and Deep Learning that will integrate our computer vision team to solve hard and exciting problems ushering in the next era of real-world analytics.
Sensei is a pioneer in Autonomous Stores technology. Our mission is to fundamentally improve the shopping experience in the world, through intelligent software that promises to eliminate checkout from stores and automate retail operations. We are engaged with multiple retailers and are in the process of deploying our first Autonomous Stores across Europe.
- Create and improve world-class computer vision algorithms;
- Perform research, development, and implementation of algorithms for image processing and computer vision to capture data from the real world;
- Work on incredibly hard problems in computer vision that are of value in the real world.
- Lead the research and prototyping techniques and algorithms for object tracking, detection, and recognition;
- Develop computer vision and machine learning algorithms and applications;
- Work alongside the engineering team to ensure that the quality of software developed meets or exceeds expectations;
- Coach the engineering team and ensure that technical knowledge is appropriately disseminated.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Applied
- Mathematics or related field or equivalent professional experience;
- Demonstrated scientific excellence as evidenced by publications and presentations;
- Solid knowledge in machine learning, Bayesian filtering, Information Theory, and Deep Learning;
- Expertise in computer vision sub-disciplines such as: image analysis (object recognition and feature detection), 3D computer vision (acquisition / 3D sensing, computational imaging, segmentation, registration), machine learning (feature extraction, classification, clustering), embedded and real-time computer vision, video understanding (action recognition, scene summarization), analysis and reduction of high-dimensional data
- Experience with OpenCV;
- Object-oriented design and implementation;
- Experience analyzing and improving software performance;
- Good software documentation and testing practice;
- Experience in dealing with real-world data in one or more of the following areas: computer vision, machine learning, data science, probabilistic inference, and/or computational statistics;
- Programming languages: MATLAB, C, C++, Python (programming and debugging), Java or C# is a plus;
Benefits & Perks
We put all of our employees at very high standards, and we want you to be thoroughly rewarded for that. We believe in providing the best environment to allow you to do your best work, and we currently offer the following:
- Amazing personal growth experience - The rare chance of having decision ownership and direct impact on the growth of a venture-backed startup;
- Remote and flexible working hours – as long as you get the work done;
- Ownership - This is the most exciting time to join Sensei, and you'll have direct input and influence on the direction we take;
- Motivating compensation – Competitive compensation package;
- Working with a motivated and talented team - A fun and supportive office environment working alongside some real experts;
- Impactful work – you'll have a rare opportunity to build a product literally used by millions of people across the world;
- A holiday allowance of 24 days per year;
- Top of the range equipment to help you do your job to the highest possible standard;
- Regular learning meetings as part of our growth-mindset culture;
Apply by email to email@example.com - please put the job title in the subject of the email and write us why you are a fit to work at Sensei. Join us, and you'll have a meaningful role in the next evolution of the shopping experience.