Funding & Innovation Manager
We are actively looking for a highly driven professional with experience and expertise in funding proposals to play a key role in developing present and future funding opportunities.
Who is Sensei?
It is estimated that we spend, on average, two years of our lives waiting in lines. In a world with almost eight billion people, waiting in lines is likely the most significant waste of productive capacity and human life in the world. With so many technological breakthroughs, why does every shopping journey still feel like a struggle? We asked ourselves the precise same question, having decided to create Sensei, setting the mission to change the world of retail. Since 2017, we’re devoted to designing the most advanced and state-of-the-art store automation system that enables both shoppers and retailers to experience a new way of shopping. We are redefining the way retail works by building the only enterprise-class system ready for wide deployment across multiple existing stores. Through AI-powered computer vision systems, sensor fusion, and unique algorithms, we offer a frictionless shopping experience, where customers grab what they want and leave, without having to scan products or waiting in lines to pay. Leaving the store is as easy as entering it.
What you'll be doing:
- Management and execution of EU-funded Research and Innovation proposals, under Horizon 2020, and all new funds both from Europe & Portugal
- Constant screening and monitoring of relevant calls
- Track and report key progress and performance metrics to the management and grant entities
- Coordinate people and processes, both internal and external, to ensure that our grant funded projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Coordinate and manage project stakeholders: internal team, consortium partners, grant funding organisations
- Work closely with finance team to ensure all the necessary information is readily available
- Support financial control activities.
- Academic Degree in Management or Economics
- Previous experience in Consulting, associated with Incentives/Public funding (+3Y)
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, and willing to provide hands-on assistance where needed
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong results orientation.
Benefits & Perks:
We're a growing group of kind, curious, self-directed people working towards a common goal. We delight in taking risks and testing hypotheses in a collaborative and supportive environment. Our ability to celebrate both our successes and failures as milestones of growth opens the door to tremendous and measurable breakthroughs. We can do this because we have an experienced management team, solid funding, and a great culture. We believe in providing the best environment to allow you to do your best work, and we currently offer the following:
- Amazing personal growth experience: the rare chance of having decision ownership and direct impact on the growth of a venture-backed startup
- Flexible working hours: as long as you get the work done
- Ownership: this is the most exciting time to join Sensei, and you'll have direct input and influence on the direction we take
- Motivating compensation: competitive compensation package
- Working with a motivated and talented team: a fun and supportive office environment working alongside some real experts
- Impactful work: you'll have a rare opportunity to build a product literally used by millions of people across the world
- A holiday allowance of 24 days per year
- Top of the range equipment to help you do your job to the highest possible standard
- Regular learning meetings as part of our growth-mindset culture.
Does it sound like "the job" you're looking for? Amazing! Apply today!