Graphic Designer & Brand Maker
Are you looking for a life changing challenge in which you can produce the best visual material you’ve ever dreamed of in a thriving tech company? We are actively looking for a creative, strategic thinking, and highly driven Graphic Designer to build and develop our fast-growing brand and maximise business impact. Our ideal candidate will be a skilful Designer experienced in communication, used to managing both corporate and external materials while setting the tone in terms of visual identity. Having experience in a similar role within the retail and/or tech space is a plus – as we’re a fast moving startup, and we’ll need you to hit the ground running and be someone who thrives in a fast-paced team.
Who is Sensei?
It is estimated that we spend, on average, two years of our lives waiting in lines. In a world with almost eight billion people, waiting in lines is likely the most significant waste of productive capacity and human life in the world. With so many technological breakthroughs, why does every shopping journey still feels like a struggle? We asked ourselves the precise same question, having decided to create Sensei, setting the mission to change the world of retail. Since 2017, we’re devoted to designing the most advanced and state-of-the-art store automation system that enables both shoppers and retailers to experience a new way of shopping. We are redefining the way retail works by building the only enterprise-class system ready for wide deployment across multiple existing stores. Through AI-powered computer vision systems, sensor fusion, and unique algorithms, we offer a frictionless shopping experience, where customers grab what they want and leave, without having to scan products or waiting in lines to pay. Leaving the store is as easy as entering it.
Who are you?
You’re not a regular designer. You worry about producing and executing the best piece of work but you enjoy and value creative strategy development just as much.
You breathe innovation, you’re curious and always aware of the next big thing. It’s easy for you to communicate and facilitate interactions between different people. You appreciate feedback and, although you’re very confident of your ideas, you´re always open to listening to others.
Details are everything to you, both on and off-screen. You protect the brand, understand the idiosyncratic nature of each channel, and you always find a way to make concepts live irrespective of the platform. This means you’re a Visual Designer with quite optimal UI/UX sensibility.
Communicating is a natural skill for you. You understand marketing as a very wide tool ready to be activated to give answers to Sensei’s business goals. Last but not least, you’re motivated to work with a world-class team, to stand for the brand you represent, to actively propose new ways of doing and seeing things - to be always evolving.
What will be your role
- Creating and maintaining a consistent visual voice for brand assets on multiple media platforms
- Producing a variety of assets according to our brand guidelines, from sales collateral, interfaces, presentation decks, merchandise, social content, email marketing templates
- Assuring coherence and consistency across multiple creative concepts that must speak Sensei despite their specifics
- Being able to create from scratch but also to adapt to current work that might be already implemented
- Developing and helping drive the Marketing priorities, strategies and initiatives to meet goals and KPIs, working closely with content managers, business developers and product managers, along with product and industrial designers, hardware and software teams to get an in-depth understanding of the business
- Having the ability to understand different types of clients (B2B and B2C markets) and adapt communication accordingly
- Interacting with the Marketing team (content, social Media & SEO/Paid Media teams) on a daily basis to find the best creative paths and bring our story to life in creative ways.
- Pragmatic, resilient and always keen to find the best solution for each challenge
- Obsessed with detail, creative and brand consistency
- Content design and UX thinking
- Fierce ability to understand Business goals and translate them into visual content
- Excellent people skills, being able to create inspirational content for internal and external audiences (ranging from shoppers to C-level large enterprise executives)
- Experienced with Adobe Creative Tools and component-based design tools such as Figma
- Motion and After Effects skills are valued
- Proven experience in Visual/Communication design (+4 years with portfolio)
- Excellent level of spoken and written English
- Strong prioritisation and project management skills, including timely and dedicated communication of timelines, status, and critical issues
- Proactive and autonomous, self-driven, not afraid to take responsibility to drive tasks to completion successfully
- Honest, transparent and flexible - You actively ask for feedback and act upon it
- You thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
What we offer:
We're a fast-growing group of kind, curious, self-directed people working towards a common goal. We delight in taking risks and testing hypotheses in a collaborative and supportive environment. Our ability to celebrate both our successes and failures as milestones of growth opens the door to tremendous and measurable breakthroughs. We can do this because we have an experienced management team, solid funding, and a good culture. We believe in providing the best environment to allow you to do your best work, and we currently offer the following:
- The rare opportunity to join one of the most exciting deep tech companies in Europe - we are just 4 years into our journey, so we are only just getting started
- The possibility to have a real and immediate impact on a growing venture backed startup and on a product literally used by millions of people across the world We are changing the retail industry
- A great work environment - you will be working alongside and have the opportunity to learn from some of the best and brightest
- A real opportunity to grow your skill set, and develop your career within one of Europe's most promising startups
- You will also be joining the most fun & diverse department at Sensei!
Does this sound like "the job" you're looking for? Amazing! Apply today!