We are looking for a talented hardware engineer to help us solve major business and technology challenges through the development of innovative and custom hardware solutions.
By joining Sensei team, you will be contributing to building a company around state-of-the-art computer vision and machine learning solutions for real-world problems in the areas of elements tracking, object-based change detection, feature detection, and motion pattern recognition, to ultimately change the way everyone shops in stores.
What you'll be doing:
- Research and develop hardware solutions for commercial products and services that contain, but not limited to: image capture, video processing, and object interaction detection.
- Develop and prototype hardware and firmware solutions that will integrate, process and analyse information from different sensors such as cameras, light sensors or weight sensors;
- Design, simulate, and characterise the power performance of the above electronic circuits;
- Write with clarity detailed hardware functional specifications, test plans, and test reports;
- Supervise hardware sourcing to ensure that it meets specification criteria (board form factor/size, power, performance, among others);
- Supervise product standards and all required certifications for European and American markets;
- Support product validation and related QA activities;
- Produce internal and manufacture documentation to support the solutions developed;
- Interface with other disciplines and roles in the Sensei team, including Software engineering, Computer Vision engineering, Project management, and Customer Support.
- MSc (PhD preferred) in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field;
- Experience integrating component modules (I/O, Displays, Batteries, PCBs, etc.)
- Experience in Python and Object-Oriented programming languages (C++/C#/Java);
- Experience in 3D CAD software tools (Solidworks, CATIA);
- Solid knowledge in the following areas: optics, cameras, cameras networks, condition monitoring sensors (temperature, luminance), light sensors (machine-readable optical labels);
- Previous experience in overseas hardware sourcing;
- Highly organised and strong results orientation.
Benefits & Perks
We put all of our employees at very high standards, and we want you to be thoroughly rewarded for that. We believe in providing the best environment to allow you to do your best work, and we currently offer the following:
- Amazing personal growth experience - The rare chance of having decision ownership and direct impact on the growth of a venture-backed startup;
- Remote and flexible working hours – as long as you get the work done;
- Ownership - This is the most exciting time to join Sensei, and you'll have direct input and influence on the direction we take;
- Motivating compensation – Competitive compensation package;
- Working with a motivated and talented team - A fun and supportive office environment working alongside some real experts;
- Impactful work – you'll have a rare opportunity to build a product literally used by millions of people across the world;
- A holiday allowance of 24 days per year;
- Top of the range equipment to help you do your job to the highest possible standard;
- Regular learning meetings as part of our growth-mindset culture;
Apply by email to email@example.com - please put the job title in the subject of the email and write us why you are a fit to work at Sensei. Join us, and you'll have a meaningful role in the next evolution of the shopping experience.