This is Sensei
We develop autonomous stores, but our journey is still young as we’re on a mission to bring digital transformation to the entire retail sector. Together, we can shape the next chapter of our company and of millions of shoppers worldwide. Join the cause to make retail more seamless, pleasant and much more efficient, helping retailers to be more competitive and shoppers to regain control of their time through the best shopping experience there is.
Working at Sensei means you're working on something very exciting: the future of retail. Through deep tech we've seen a way to impact how people shop; we think shopping should be pleasant and seamless for shoppers and much more efficient for retailers, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of best experience and sustainability. Based on some pretty amazing Seed-round investment we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Sensei. Today we are a 50+ team based in Lisbon, but with people working from different locations.
We believe happy people are better at work, and so we want to make sure our people have time to do the things they like the most!
Head of Marketing
As a Head of Marketing, you will be responsible for all aspects of marketing and growth including brand marketing, social, community, SEO, product marketing, public relations and communications.
- Report directly to the CEO with periodic insights, metrics & updates to drive brand exposure, while syncing with all the other teams for a fast-paced aligned execution
- Conceptualize and implement Sensei’s marketing strategy & roadmap, while translating concepts into actionable quarterly objectives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Hire, lead and manage a team (currently 2-person creative team) with the overall planning, development and alignment of Sensei’s presence and brand across our suite of solutions to increase salience for our customers, partners, investors and press
- Establish clear guidelines for brand identity and ensure brand consistency across all outlets
- Work with Product, Growth and Operations teams to further develop our go-to-market strategy
- Be a strategic thought partner with the leadership team, working closely with Product and Growth teams
- Articulate external partners to secure key processes with quality (e.g. Social Media, Website)
What success looks like after 6 months on the job
- You have contributed directly to making Sensei a solid and internationally recognized brand
- You have coordinated our creative team to build relevant and high quality content targeting clients, investors, media and the general public
- You have defined a clear marketing plan for Sensei and have executed high priority quick wins
- You have significantly improved KPIs that were defined between you and the executive team
You’ll thrive in this role if you
- Have 5+ years of experience in building and executing marketing initiatives, preferably within a B2B SaaS context with a hardware/ initial setup component
- Have experience building and leading a team of 5+ employees
- Are data-driven and passionate in identifying new opportunities and best ROI on different marketing initiatives
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to collaborate with individuals across a variety of functions
- Experience working with external agencies and freelancers and how to successfully manage them
- Are a self-starter with initiative and drive, capable of executing rapidly with limited strategic direction
What's in it for you
- Competitive compensation package
- Hybrid work model with flexibility to combine remote with office-based work
- A holiday allowance of 24 days per year
- Top of the range equipment to help you do your job to the highest possible standard
- Regular learning meetings as part of our growth-mindset culture.
- An honest, open culture that emphasizes feedback and promotes professional and personal development
- Paid parental leave - we want to make sure that we're supportive of families and help you feel that you don't have to compromise on the family due to work
- An annual flex benefits package (maybe you want to pay for the gym, book a professional coach or pay part of your MBA - completely up to you)
At Sensei, we use English for all our internal communication to keep everyone on the same page; please submit your application in English unless otherwise stated above.
We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.