IoT Software Engineer
We are looking for a talented Internet of Things software engineer to help us solve major business and technology challenges, through the development of custom software drivers and innovative firmware solutions for retail hardware.
By joining the Sensei team, you will be contributing to building a company around state-of-the-art computer vision and machine learning solutions for real-world problems in the areas of elements tracking, object-based change detection, feature detection, and motion pattern recognition, to ultimately change the way everyone shops in stores.
What you'll be doing:
- Research and develop firmware/driver solutions for commercial products and services that contain, but not limited to: image capture, video processing, and object interaction detection
- Develop and prototype low-level software solutions that will integrate, process and analyse information from different sensors such as cameras, light sensors, temperature sensors or luminance sensors
- Integrate third party hardware solutions that involve common retail hardware such as optical scanners, vending machines, POS’s, access controls, etc
- Write, with clarity, detailed firmware/driver functional specifications, architectures, test plans and reports
- Collaborate on internal PCB design and ensure a tight connection between both hardware and software teams, and their specific requirements;
- Support hardware product validation and related QA activities
- Produce internal documentation to support the developed solutions
- Interface with other disciplines and roles in the Sensei team, including Computer Vision engineering, Project management, and Customer Support.
- MSc (PhD preferred) in Computer Science, Electronics, Electrotechnical Engineering, or related field with 3 to 4 years’ industry experience;
- Experience integrating hardware modules with modern software solutions
- 2-3 years of experience in C and Object-Oriented programming languages (C++/Python), namely on the development of software drivers and microprocessor firmwares
- Strong background in electronics, with knowledge on ARM Cortex-M architectures, RTOS and low-level communication protocols such as UART, SPI, I2C, Modbus, etc. FPGA or VPU knowledge are a plus
- Solid knowledge in the following areas: optics, cameras, camera networks, condition monitoring sensors (temperature, luminance), light sensors (machine-readable optical labels)
- Highly organised and strong results orientation.
Benefits & Perks:
We put all of our employees at very high standards, and we want you to be thoroughly rewarded for that. We believe in providing the best environment to allow you to do your best work, and we currently offer the following:
- The rare chance of having decision ownership and direct impact on the growth of a venture-backed startup
- A holiday allowance of 24 days per year, with the office, closed between Christmas and New Year
- This is the most exciting time to join Sensei, and you'll have direct input and influence on the direction we take
- Competitive compensation package
- Top of the range equipment to help you do your job to the highest possible standard
- Regular learning meetings as part of our growth-mindset culture
- A fun and supportive office environment working alongside some real experts.
Does it sound like “the job” you’re looking for? Amazing! Apply then!