PR & Content Manager
Are you someone who can tell a great story? Someone who can translate complex ideas and insights into digestible and engaging thought leadership content? Someone with a keen eye for a media opportunity and an unrivalled network of relationships with journalists in Europe?
We’re looking for a passionate and dynamic (and plate spinning) PR & Content Manager to join our marketing team in our Lisbon HQ. Our ideal candidate will be a skilful and speedy content writer with keen editing skills, a thoughtful and influential PR leader and someone who builds relationships, collaborates and manages multiple stakeholders with ease. This individual will also have experience working in a similar role within the retail and/or tech space – as we’re a fast moving startup, and we’ll need you to hit the ground running and be someone who thrives in a fast-paced team.
Reporting into the Chief Growth Officer, this role is responsible for the strategy and execution of Sensei's global PR, content and social media goals. The PR & Content Manager will have extensive experience of creating quality content, from press releases and editorial to blog posts and white papers, case studies, social media campaigns and broader insights pieces derived from research, all designed to generate consistent brand awareness, lead gen and drive results. It is both a strategy and execution role, so we’re looking for someone who can roll up their sleeves, get stuck in and consistently deliver.
Another component of the role is developing and nurturing key industry press contacts and identifying and creating media opportunities to develop Sensei as a leading voice in the retail industry. This individual will be responsible for devising creative PR moments to raise our profile and develop content to amplify our campaigns.
Who is Sensei?
It is estimated that we spend, on average, two years of our lives waiting in lines. In a world with almost eight billion people, waiting in lines is likely the most significant waste of productive capacity and human life in the world. This is why we decided to create Sensei, setting the mission to change the world of retail. Since 2017, we’re devoted to designing the most advanced and state-of-the-art store automation system that enables both shoppers and retailers to experience a new way of shopping. Through AI-powered computer vision systems, sensor fusion, and unique algorithms, we have been the first European company to launch an autonomous store, where customers grab what they want and leave, without having to scan products or wait in line to pay.
What we expect from you:
Your mission in Sensei will be to manage and write marketing and PR content. This includes case studies and press releases, as well as thought-leadership work, white papers, reports, newsletters, website copy, blogs and social media content among others.
Strong content marketing skills are essential, including previous experience with website and landing page copy, social media campaigns, SEO and email marketing.
- Define, implement, and own Sensei's content strategy including the creation, curation, and distribution of the content with the end goals of driving education, thought-leadership, customer acquisition, and customer success
- Develop and maintain a functional content calendar based on audience insights, keyword research, messaging themes, and campaign plans
- Plan, write, edit, and manage a wide variety of content including blog posts, best practices and how-to pieces, white papers, ghostwritten articles, corporate marketing copy/collateral, guides, scripts, social content, and more
- Collaborate closely with the sales team to develop a content distribution strategy for all media channels including online, social, email, and video
- Establish the framework that holds our content to a high bar of clarity, effectiveness, and style and ensures that all content is on-message, on-brand, and optimising its full potential
- Work with designers and copywriters to bring our story to life in creative ways
- Set a tone of high quality, customer obsession, and disciplined, data-driven decision-making.
- Able to demonstrate rock-solid writing skills, but also the creativity to look at things differently, find a fresh angle and come up with new ideas
- Attention to detail and strong proofing and grammar skills are essential
- Be comfortable writing for social media, email, SEO and website copy
- Excellent people skills and able to create inspirational messages for internal and external audiences (ranging from shoppers to C-level large enterprise executives)
- Excellent time management skills; the ability to juggle a wide range of projects concurrently and prioritise conflicting demands
- 5+ years of relevant content marketing experience in a fast-growing B2B /retail tech company
- Experience with research programmes and some experience in data analytics
- Experience driving digital marketing or social media campaigns
- An innate curiosity and enthusiasm to discover and learn about new areas
- Able to successfully drive projects to completion with a willingness to do whatever it takes to execute
- Thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
What we offer:
We're a fast-growing group of kind, curious, self-directed people working towards a common goal. We delight in taking risks and testing hypotheses in a collaborative and supportive environment. Our ability to celebrate both our successes and failures as milestones of growth opens the door to tremendous and measurable breakthroughs. We can do this because we have an experienced management team, solid funding, and a good culture. We believe in providing the best environment to allow you to do your best work, and we currently offer the following:
- The rare opportunity to join one of the most exciting deep tech companies in Europe - we are just 4 years into our journey, so we are only just getting started
- The possibility to have a real and immediate impact on a growing venture backed startup and on a product literally used by millions of people across the world We are changing the retail industry
- A great work environment - you will be working alongside and have the opportunity to learn from some of the best and brightest
- A real opportunity to grow your skill set, and develop your career within one of Europe's most promising startups.
- You will also be joining the most fun & diverse department at Sensei!
Does this sound like "the job" you're looking for? Amazing! Apply today!